- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
Speech is a great blessing but it can also be a great curse for while it helps us to make our intentions and desires known to our fellows, it can also if we use it carelessly make our attitudes completely misunderstood. A slip of the tongue, the use of an unusual word or of an ambiguous word may create an enemy where we have hoped to win a friend. Again different classes of people use different vocabularies and the ordinary speech of an educated man may strike an uneducated listener as showing pride: unwillingly we may use a word which bears a different meaning to our listeners from what it does to men of our own class. Thus speech is not a gift to use lightly without thought but one which demands careful handling, only a fool will express himself alike to all.