- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
A recent investigation by scientists at the USA Geological Survey shows that strange animal behaviour might help predict future earthquakes. Investigators found such occurrences in a ten kilometre radius of the epicenter of a fairly recent quake. Some birds screeched and flew about wildly, dogs, yelped and ran uncontrollably. Scientists believe that animals can perceive these environmental changes as early as several days before the mishap. In 1976, after observing the animal behaviour, the Chinese were able to predict a devastating quake. Although hundreds of thousands of people were killed, the government was able to evacuate millions of other and thus keep the death toll at a lower level.