- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
Vacations were once the prerogative of the privileged few, even as late as the nineteenth century. Now they are considered the right of all, except for such unfortunate masses as in China, for whom life, except for sleep and brief periods of rest, is uninterrupted toil. They are more necessary now than before because the average life is well rounded and has become increasingly departmentalized. The idea of vacations, as we conceive it must be incomprehensible to primitive peoples. Rest of some kind has of course always been a part of the rhythm of human life, but earlier ages did not find it necessary to organize it in the way that modem man has done. Holidays, feast days, were sufficient. With modem man’s increasing tensions, with the useless quality of so much of his work, this break in the year’s routine became steadily more necessary. Vacations became necessary for the purpose of renewal and repair.