- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
Used to have my meals at a vegetarian restaurant. Here I met Mr. Albert West. We used to meet in this restaurant every evening and go out walking after dinner. Mr. West was a partner in a small printing concern. He read my letter in the press about the outbreak of the plague and, not finding me in the restaurant, felt uneasy. My co-workers and I had reduced our diet since the outbreak, as I had long made it a rule to go on a light diet during epidemics. In these days I had therefore given up my evening dinner. Lunch also I would finish before the other guests arrived. I knew the proprietor of the restaurant very well, and I had informed him that, as I was engaged in nursing the plague patients, I wanted to avoid the contact of friends as much as possible. Not finding me in the restaurant for a day or two, Mr. West knocked at my door early one morning just as I was getting ready to go out for a walk. As I opened the door Mr. West said: ‘I did not find you in the restaurant and was really afraid lest something should have happened to you’.