- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
The environment comprises all the physical, social and cultural factors and conditions influencing the existence or the development of an organism. Due to Indiscriminate industrialization, man has created a state of decadence. He has continuously tampered “with nature which has resulted in the threat to the sustenance of mankind. Although, attempts have been made to restore nature to its previous state of purity and serenity, the efforts have not been whole-hearted. Earth is the home we all share and would pass on to our future generations as their legacy. But if they inherit the present state of the world, they would be unable to sustain themselves’. Man has steadily improved the technologies and other means necessary for higher production of wealth and for the availability of devices that could give more physical and mental pleasures. The industrial revolution led to a drastic escalation of earth’s surface temperature. Man exploited nature for his benefits, without any foresight as to what the implications of his actions would be in discriminate industrialization resulted in urban migration as the rural poor settled in cities in search of opportunities. Cities, already facing a population crisis could not accommodate the migrants and this led to the development of slums. This has resulted in Increased pressure on the available resources and further degradation of the environment.