- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
The slamming of the doors had aroused Mother, she peeped out of her room. “What on earth are you boys doing?” she demanded. Herman ventured out of his room “Nothing” he said gruffly, but he was, in colour, a light green. “What was all that running around downstairs?” Said Mother. So she had heard the steps, too. We just looked at her. “Burglars” she shouted intentively. I tried to quieten her by starting lightly downstairs. “Come on, Herman,” I said. “I’ll stay back with Mother,’ he said, “She’s all excited”. I stepped back on the landing. “Don’t either of you go a step,” said Mother. “We’ll call the police.”Since the phone was downstairs I didn’t see how we were going to call the police – nor did I want the police, but Mother made one of her quick incomparable decisions. She flung up a window of her bedroom which faced the bedroom, window of the house of a neighbor, picked up a shoe and whammed it through a pane of glass.