- Reading comprehension involves a proof reading of a passage of about 300 – 1000 words and answering the questions that follow.
- RC forms an important part of the verbal ability section. This section mainly focuses on to check the ability to understand the language and the underlying concept of the passage. The main focus should be to have a good command over the language as well as time management.
- Make sure you attempt these passage on a regular basis and with complete seriousness.
- Read the passage below and then answer the questions that follow.
- Once you are finished, click the ‘Get Results’ button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
The Stone Age was a period of history which began in approximately 2 million B.C. and lasted until 3000 B.C. Its name was derived from the stone tools and weapons that modem scientists discovered. This period was divided into the Paleolithic. Mesolithic and Neolithic Ages. During the first period (2 million to 8000 B.C.) the fist hatchet and the use of fire for heating and cooking were developed. As a result of the Ice Age.which evolved about one million years in the Paleolithic Age. people were fored to seek shelter in caves. wear clothing and develop new tools. During the Mesolithic Age (8000 to 6000 B.C.) people made crude pottery and the first fish hooks. took dogs for hunting and developed a bow and arrow. Which was used until the fourteenth century A.D. The Neolithic Age (6000 to 3000 B.C.) saw human kind domesticating sheep. goats. pigs and cattle. Becoming Jess nomadic than in the previous eras, establishing permanent settlements and creating Governments.