Food is necessary for survival, but most importantly the right kind of foods with right vitamins and minerals can help us to live a healthy and a long life. After all, healthy food in a way is the elixir of life.
Not only that but there are many ailments that can be cured to a large extent by taking in specific foods and some ailments can be prevented too.
Considering the importance of food, we are doing this series of food related words. In the series of posts, we will be covering various food related words. You can consume the 10 such words here:
1. Nutriment: something that nurtures, supports growth, supplies energy, repairs body tissues and sustains life.
2. Pabulum: Something that has been made to be bland; also it is a solution of nutrients prepared in such a way that it is perfect for absorption by the body.
3. Provender: In simple words it is food; also, it can be called as a dry food for domestic animals. It can also be used as a synonym for fare, grub, foodstuffs and eatables.
4. Provisions: A stock of food or needed materials made available for specific use, as by an expedition
5. Ration: Share or supply of food that is determined and supplied to a person; also, a supply of another commodity as dictated by availability. It can also be called a food allowance for one day.
6. Subsistence: the minimum amount of food necessary for survival; also, the equivalent in non-edible commodities
7. Sustenance: Something that maintains and supports survival/life; also, food and dink that can be a source of strength.
8. Take-out: food obtained from a restaurant to be eaten elsewhere. It is also selling of food products by restaurants that are meant to be consumed off the premises.
9. Viand: An item of food, particularly delicious one. In plural form, see provisions
10. Victuals: In simple words it is food that can be consumed by humans. see provisions; as victual, a verb synonymous with provision in the sense of supplying with provisions
Hope you had a happy time eating up all these food related words.