When a place or your state of mind is peaceful, quiet and serene, it is tranquil. A pond at calm with no ripples in it could be called tranquil. A pleasant state of mind, with nothing to agitate or cause anxiety, can also be considered tranquil.
Meanings of tranquil
1. peaceful, calm and quiet; free from commotion or tumult
2. free from anxiety, tension or restlessness
3. not agitated, without losing self-possession
4.(of a body of water)free from disturbance by heavy waves
Sentence examples for tranquil:
1. What a delightfully tranquil setting in rolling countryside, formal gardens and a kentish mansion.
2.On seeing me struggle with the yoga poses, the yoga teacher annoyingly exclaimed that how tranquil I should be feeling.
3. The great pond remains a beautifully tranquil spot and is currently home to a pair of swans.