If you notice the word venerable carefully you’ll realize that it sounds like honorable. The meaning of venerable lies on similar lines i.e., commanding respect. The similarity between the two words can help you remember the word easily
Meanings of the word Venerable :
1. Commanding respect because of great age or impressive dignity
2. A title for someone proclaimed by the Roman Catholic church to have attained the first degree of sanctity or of an Anglican archdeacon.
3. Extremely old or obsolete.
Sentence examples for venerable :
1. He has a venerable automobile.
2. The venerable father breathed his last.
3. Jail was one of the most hideous yet venerable buildings of the country.