Vexatious literal meaning is causing irritation or annoyance. Those vexatious phone calls from telemarketers during the dinner hour. It is also used during litigation known as Vexatious Litigation. A legal action or proceeding initiated maliciously and without Probable Cause by an individual who is not acting in Good Faith for the purpose of annoying or embarrassing an opponent.
Pronunciation: vek-sey-shuh s
Meanings of Vexatious:
1. Causing or creating vexation; annoying.
2. Full of annoyance or distress; harassed.
3. Intended to vex or annoy
Master’s Tip to Learn Vexatious:
The easiest way to remember Vexatious is by breaking it down into two vaccine – irritatious. Some vaccines are irritating to the tissues for a short time after injection. You may become a bit restless because of the pain it caused and you get annoyed due to it.
Sentence examples for Vexatious:
1. Vexatious allegations may be liable to disciplinary action
2. To be neglected before one’s time must be very vexatious; but it was entirely the mother’s fault.
3. This is particularly vexatious for literary critics, since it appears to ignore issues of stylistic difference
4. The New York proceedings were not vexatious or oppressive