Mnemonic aid to learn the word volition
Consider the scenario of an election. You need to “vote for a politician”. This vote requires you to exercise your decision making capabilities.
Meanings of the word volition :
1. The act of willing or choosing
2. Choice or decision made by will
Pronunciation : voh-lish-uhn
Sentence examples for volition
1. He decided to enter rehab of his own free volition
2. He chose law as a career on his own volition. Nobody pressurized him.
3. He was not conscripted, he joined the army on his own volition.
Acting on one’s will is an act of volition.