- Thus an ornithologist might describe a colleague as having an aquiline nose, but would not use the word aquiline in reference to a bird of the eagle group.”
- “She studies my pose, Rodolfo Valentino in profile, one hand flung across my chest, my aquiline nose points out over the desert as my eyes steal a glance at her.”
- “I’m about five foot, ten, wavy auburn hair, ears sticking out a little but not too bad, an aquiline nose and fair complexion.”
A look at the above picture would also clarify why aquiline is used for noses.
Aquiline carries the following dictionary definitions:
1. Of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an eagle.
2. Curved or hooked like an eagle’s beak: an aquiline nose.
Masters Tip to remember Aquiline:
The image of the eagle should be good enough to learn this word, isn’t it?