The word ‘Quandary’ is a noun and it means a state of doubt or perplexity that usually arises whenever a choice is to be made between two equally unfavorable choices.
‘Quandary’ was first used back in 1579 and though not completely confirmed it is believed to have been derive from the Latin word quand.
Meanings of Quandary
1. A state of uncertainty or perplexity.
2. Situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one.
Master’s Tip to Learn Quandary
The word ‘Quandary’ can be related to ‘Quantum Physics’. Now quantum physics is so complex that it often leaves everyone in a dilemma about what to do next.
Sentence examples for Quandary:
1. Harry was in a state of predicament when he was asked who is he fonder of, his wife or his mother.
2. The fight between her brothers left her in a quandary.
3. The unexpected results of the test have created a quandary for researchers.