Yen is well known to be the currency of Japan. Imagine you’re having a strong desire to go to Japan and when you go there you get a lot of yens from there. This desire can also be considered in the definition of yen.
Meanings of the word yen
1. A strong desire or inclination; a yearning or craving
2. Standard monetary unit of Japan
Pronunciation : yen
Sentence examples for yen
1. I have real yen for a piece of cake right now
2. The Japanese have a yen monetary system that is stronger than the US dollar system.
3. Mary had a yen for ice cream so she bought some Rocky Road.