Daily Current Affairs 2 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. GOBAR DHAN scheme launched
- The scheme was launched by Union Minister for Sanitation Uma Bharti.
- It aims to impact village cleanliness and energy generation using organic and cattle waste.
2. Aadhaar not mandatory for SIM
- The govt said SIM can be issued by using alternate identification cards.
- Telecom Sec Aruna Soundararajan said that the customers should not inconvenienced in this regard.
3. Karnataka flag proposal on hold
- This comes as the Model Code of Conduct is on force.
- Earlier, CM Siddharamaiah asked PM Modi to approve the demand for a separate flag.
4. Indian IT workers protest in US
- The IT professionals demanded removal of per-country quota.
- The current system imposes a 7% per country quota for allotment of green cards.
1. NASA to study heart of Mars
- The mission ‘InSight’ will study theinterior of Mars planet by measuring its heat output.
- Pak will also establish space centres in Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
2. India has 14 of 20 most polluted cities
- According to WHO report, 14 Indian cities are among 20 most polluted cities in the world.
- Kanpur is the most polluted in terms of PM2.5 levels.
3. S Korea wants US troops to stay back
- S Korea wants the troops to stay back in spite of any treaty with N Korea.
- 28,500 US troops are present in S Korea.
4. World Asthma Day observed
- It is aimed at improving awareness and care worldwide.
- The theme for this year is, ‘Never too early, never too late’.
1. L&T to sell its electrical unit
- L&T will sell the unit to Schneider Electric for Rs.14,000 cr.
- It is a part of L&T’s plan to sell its non-core businesses.
2. Govt extends deadline for Air India bids
- The deadline is extended from May 14 to May 31.
- The govt plans to sell 76% stake in AI.
3. Venezuela offers 30% discount on oil to India
- The discount is applicable on purchases made using Petro.
- The country has inked a pact with Coinsecure to sell Petro in India.
4. 50 Mbps internet speed by 2022
- The draft policy proposes the speed for all Indians by 2022.
- $100 bn investment that creates 40 lakh jobs in the Digital Communications Sector is also focused.
1. India slip to no.2 in ODI ranking
- England claimed the spot for 1st time since 2013.
- England gained 8 points to lead India by 3 points.
2. Wimbledon increases prize money
- The total prize money is increased by 7.6% to Rs.300 cr.
- US Open hasn’t announced its prize money yet.