Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you are faced with a greater number of questions than the answers you have? Such a perplexing state of affairs, where one is at one’s wit’s end, is one where one is truly baffled.
The dictionary definitions for Baffled are as follows:
1. To frustrate or check (a person) as by confusing or perplexing; stymie. (verb)
2. To impede the force or movement of. (verb)
3. A usually static device that regulates the flow of a fluid or light. (noun)
4. A partition that prevents interference between sound waves in a loudspeaker. (noun)
Masters Tip to remember Baffled:
Remember the situation where you had to make a choice: which girl should you go out with (for the guys that is)? Or which guy should I go out with (for the girls that is)?
This is one situation where you were baffled.
You can easily find scores of many such instances, can’t you?
Usage Examples for Baffled:
1. Inception is one movie that has surely baffled the audiences; one finds it hard to keep a track of events.
2. Being baffled at times is not all that bad; in fact confusion can have its own fruits.